ADOPTION BY APPOINTMENT: We offer adoption services by in person appointments, in addition to our digital/phone personality matching service with curbside pickup, that has helped us adopt almost 900 pets this year. Appointments are scheduled Sunday - Saturday 10am to 3pm in 30 minute increments. We have worked to make it as simple and as safe as possible for both our community as well as our staff, and thank everyone participating in advance for following the steps and guidelines that go along with this new process.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Visit our website at www.hssc.us and browse our adoptable pets. You will find personality descriptions along with basic pet info next to the main photo of each pet we have looking for a home.
2. Pick out 1, 2 or 3 pets that you would like to meet in person with assistance from our adoption counselors to help you meet your match. You may then give us a call at 563-388-6655 to schedule an appointment, or complete the adoption application online for review and our team will contact you for an appointment once approved.
3. In the event that two families choose to meet the same pet and he/she gets adopted by the first family, we are happy to make recommendations on other pets that would fit your interests.
AT YOUR APPOINTMENT:
1. Masks required at all times.
2. Everyone entering the building will have their temperature taken. Anyone experiencing a fever will not be permitted to adopt at that time, but of course welcome back when it is appropriate.
3. Designated areas have been created for meet & greets, as well as finalizing paperwork, etc. Online payments are an option where no exchanging of cash/card is required.
4. We have allotted enough time to complete the adoption in one visit (except where special visits are required) and ask that everyone be mindful of those with appointments after them.
PLEASE NOTE: Our "meet your match" system has been a great success this year, and adopters are not required at this time to have an appointment set to meet animals prior to adoption. We will still offer our adoptions via phone and email if that is the method you prefer. We believe that offering both options at this time is the best way to meet the needs of our pets as well as our community.